Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Beginnings

18 months ago I started this blog with the purpose of chronicling the difficult road of adapting to my husband’s life in the fire service. I failed in that regard, however, today I’ve decided to revamp. I did get some remarkable insight into relationships, love and what’s important in the world from the last 18 months – 2 years. However, today I can unfortunately no longer call myself a fireman’s wife. My husband, and best friend of 10 years died almost 2 months ago. I have decided that instead of our chronicles which I now desperately wish I had written, I will write the story of dealing with the grief of his loss and the challenges of continuing life.

Goodnight, sweet prince. I will always love you. I’ll meet you in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment